Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's been awhile...

Work has been absolutely crazy lately, but in a crazy good way. I love my job so there are absolutely no complaints when I have to put in a few extra hours.  :)  In the meantime, I had some fun the past couple days as I've been laid up a bit sick.  I had the opportunity to sit down and watch some TV while crafting.  Something I used to do all the time, but haven't prioritized it lately with other things in life. 

I've been feeling a very purple and green mood lately.  But, I was absolutely inspired by the green and purple clasp that I purchased from Mary Harding not too long ago.  I don't typically buy findings like that as I generally prefer to make them myself, but this one was a piece of art!  I adored it.  I paired it with some patinad copper chain, purple and lime lampwork beads from a couple of my favorite artists (FeyGlass and Taneres) and a couple of swarovski crystals.  I love the resulting look.


 
I've done the bracelet below before, but I gave it away to my Mom who also made a few of them herself!  It's something easy and quick to do, but is really just a pretty thing.  I needed something to match my A&M shirt for the maroon and white game so I quickly put this together with some burgundy and off white wooden beads, copper jump rings and a lampwork button.  Super cute and quick to make.  Great project!

No comments:

Post a Comment