Saturday, February 9, 2013

Envelope Tabbed Pendant

Last summer, I spent some time at my Mom's and learned how to make fused glass with one of her friends.  I love the way it looks and this one has some gorgeous blue and gold tones that I thought would go nicely with brass.
 
However, I didn't just want to wire wrap it as I accidentally made the glass sides way too thick so I came up with this half envelope type tab system.  I love the way it turned out -- Now I just need to figure out if I want to make some kind of a necklace for it or if I just want a simple chain.  It's certainly bulky enough to handle some fantastic wire wrapped chain or several. 
 
I don't stamp much, but I thought I'd try it with the thought that if I messed up - I can always texture the metal more.  I should stamp more.



 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! I'm one of the bead soup bloggers. I love this idea of wrapping the metal around the glass! Stamping metal is one of my favorite techniques. I don't have my studio set up right now while I'm overseas, but when I get back to Colorado that's the first thing I want to do again. I'll be coming back to see your reveal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love working with metal - it just feels good to me. Every day I learn something new. :) I can't wait to see your reveal as well.

      Delete