Friday, February 1, 2013

Copper Forged Bracelet

I was so excited to have a few minutes of free time to myself today that I spent my lunch hour making a bracelet which was supposed to fit me, but... alas... I mismeasured and it's way too small!  I'm sure I can find a home for it.

I'd seen these types of bracelets at bead shows and, after examining them, figured out how to make them.  I realized a couple of things.  First, I really need a better mandrel to make it into a better shape.  Second, I really need to find some really tiny sterling tubing to make some cute rosette rings with the tube as the shank.  I think that'd be completely awesome!







I love... adore... hardware stores.  There are so many things there to play with that aren't traditionally meant for jewelry construction.  For instance, I found aluminum and brass sheets that were already patterned.  They're meant to be some kind of decoration on a cabinet, but they'll be beautiful cut out and inserted into stacked and riveted pendants.  What do you think?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment